Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bila wewe, bwana, siwezi!

We sang a Swahili song in church today. We have sung it before and I have loved it every time. It means "I can do nothing without Christ." That one line has been stuck in my head all day long. It is so true to.

Yesterday I was registering for classes and I kept getting something wrong and the website wouldn't let me register. I was getting so frustrated and so I stopped and turned on some music to calm down. Michael Card's song, "Come to the Table" came on and I started consciously listening to it as I frantically kept trying to register.

As I kept pushing buttons I thought about Christ and I realized that I am not in control. I was trying frantically to be in control; it felt like I had no control over what was happening. But I realized that I am not in control. God is in control and He has the best plan in mind for me. That realization is so freeing. It frees us from worry and from fear. Sometimes I remember that and attempt to stop worrying, but I haven't let myself be freed from fear yet.

But my roommate told me what I was doing wrong with registration and because I realized that God was in control I was able to laugh at myself as I attempted to get into all of my classes. And because of God, I was able to get into all of my classes! : D God is awesome like that!

Stuff like that always reminds me of Gideon's story. When God wanted Gideon to create an army to defeat the Midians and Gideon got several thousand men. Then God used several different tests to narrow it down to 300 men because He didn't want Israel to be able to boast in herself and say that her own strength had saved her. He wanted Israel to be forced to acknowledge that God had saved her. It is amazing! God is willing to go to so much to get us to see how much He loves us! And we are still unfaithful...but He always comes running to welcome us back. Every single time. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home