Monday, March 26, 2007

He's gone

So, Jason, one of the men who performed as our mascot, died this morning. It was kind of a shock because I really believed that God was going to perform a miracle. I don't know why he didn't. But I guess he did a long time ago and that miracle is still working. So, in a sense he did.

Jesus died. He was nailed to a cross and after he died, to make sure he was dead, they speared him in the side (that takes on a new, more real meaning after seeing 300). He was dead. But 3 days later, he was alive and walking around. How can that be? We so often forget the miracle that happened that week so long ago. I think for people who grow up in Christian homes, it is harder to see the reality of it because it seems normal. You've always heard it. But from the outside, it sounds crazy. And when you really believe it, wow... A guy died and our God raised him from the dead? I can't think, off the top of my head, of any other gods who had power to raise people from the dead. There are gods who reign the underworld and there are tricks to get people back from the underworld, but no god can just raise a human from the dead like that.

So, yes, Jason's earthly body is dead, but he is alive in Christ. God has freed us from death. I don't know exactly what that looks like yet. I guess I'll find out when I leave this world. But I do know that he is alive in Christ. And I can rest in that knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home