Monday, April 02, 2007

Forgetful Me

Forgive me, I started this post a while back and left it. I have come back to finish it and add several other posts.

"[Jesus] got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 'Where is your faith?' he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, 'Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.'" (Luke 24-25, NIV)

It is encouraging to remember that even the disciples who were with Jesus all the time lacked faith at times. They forgot that Jesus was the Lord in addition to his being a man. But at the same time, that doesn't give us license to be content with a lack of faith. We need to work to have faith in our Lord.

"The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on in their way they are choked by life's worries, riches, and pleasures, and they do not mature." (Luke 8:14, NIV)

I don't want to be the seed among the thorns. I don't want to be choked by life's worries, riches, and pleasures. I want to find my worth in Jesus and follow him with all of my heart. I don't want to be caught up in this world that is not my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home