Monday, May 28, 2007

Thoughts on camp

It's weird because I'm almost dreading going back to camp. I'd like to say I don't know why, but I do. I ended the summer exhausted and depressed. I ended out spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. I learned some last summer, but it was hard. I learned how to exist with angry people. That was a hard one... I still haven't learned how to disengage from other's anger, even anger not directed at me. But that's another story. I just don't really look forward to another exhausting summer. I don't mean to say that there weren't fun times. There were great times with wonderful people. And the staff is awesome, but it's just an exhausting job. It's kind of discouraging because I know I'll be starting the summer off tired. I've been sick since last friday with a head cold that turned into sinusitis and bronchitis. Then, in a couple days, I'm having a root canal done. :-/ But we'll see how it works out.

"But he said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

With God's help, I'll do my best. He is the one in control after all, which makes for a lot less worrying. I don't have to worry about it, he's got a plan. Doesn't mean I should just float along, but it does mean that I don't need to worry or fear.

"There is no love in fear. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Julie said...

you know i sometimes think when things come along like that, when you have something in front of you and you're starting off at 50% or 30% or less, it seems like in God's way of thinking we should actually get excited. When he starts limiting our resources it's cause he's getting ready to move and use us, and he wants us to make sure we know it's him, not us, winning our battles. I know you know the story of gideon, of course, but it helps sometimes to think about it that way. like God's saying, it's ok, rely on me, you'll do even more now, with even less, than you could imagine, just rely on me. i'm not sure when you'll get a chance to check this, heh, but i thought i'd share anyway.

 
At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wells, darlin, you are . . . excellent with kids. I love watching you with them. You're sweet and gentle and firm and you build them up as people, encouraging good behaviors and personalities.
You'll be great. I pray it won't be too taxing, but I know you're giving them a real gift.
And the people you work with. Cuz you're just pleasant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home