Friday, October 12, 2007

How introverted am I?

Well, I know I am introverted, but when everyone goes to Dublin for the weekend and I am stuck here... That's not extroversion that is rising up and rebelling and making me lonely. I think it's just a sort of 'left out' feeling.

I mean, when I said 'no' I thought I *had* to stay here. We were going on a field trip today to Greenwich and I register for classes tomorrow afternoon. But then (after everybody had their tickets and plans) everyone in my science class (the one taking a field trip) spoke up and said that they were leaving. And he postponed the field trip! And I guess I could have gotten someone else to sign up for classes for me, but I am a "do it myself" kind of person and so I am going to do it myself.

But I've been lonely today and everybody left this morning! I feel like I haven't talked to anyone, though I did say goodbye to one of my roommates (the one who left at 10:30am rather than 5:00am). But there are only a couple more people from my program here, and they are mostly guys, so I won't be talking to or hanging out with them.

I think part of it also is being in a different country and not at my own Uni. If I was back at my own uni, I'd be ok even if all of my friends somehow managed to decide to leave on the same weekend (highly unlikely). I would still be ok because I would be in a place I knew and with people who don't have different accents or different languages. I don't mean to complain about being in England. I do love it here, I guess I am just feeling lonely since no one is here.

I do have interesting plans for this weekend! I decided to do all the stuff that most people in the program wouldn't want to do with me. So today I went to the Natural History Museum. That was really neat! It was rather crowded, but it was ok. Tomorrow morning I am going to Pollock's Toy Museum, which should be really neat! Then I am coming back here to register and then, if I can get up the courage, I am going to call up a guy friend from camp who is in London right now. We might hang out, if he's free and if I can get the courage to call him. Then on Sunday, I might go to the London Aquarium after church and lunch. I am looking forward to Sunday, because it will be the first time I'll be able to stay afterwards to hang out with the other students who go to church there. Then on Monday I am planning to go to the London Zoo.

So, I have fun stuff planned for myself and I do enjoy doing things on my own, but I still miss my friends who are off in Dublin. Oh well, perhaps this will get me to get out more on my own rather than depending on others to make the plans. :-) I managed to get myself out to the Museum of Natural History so that is a promising start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home