Monday, April 28, 2008

My God is Big Enough

"I replied, 'what are you talking about? You're crazy.' ([God]'s big enough for me to say honest things like that.)"
~Stuff Christians Like

For a long time, I didn't think I was allowed to get angry at God or question him or do anything that might question him. But it finally got through to me after reading a lot of Psalms and hearing several different people say that you are allowed to be real with God. He's big enough to take it. And now I have a place to be angry and to be real--within the circle of his arms. I told my friend once "I'm going to go beat my head against God." It's like I'm a little girl again, only this time I have a daddy who will hold me and love me while I have my temper tantrum. I can beat my head against his chest and question and cry, but he'll always love me and always be there to take care of me. That is such a comfort, especially when I have so much trouble trusting that the people who get to really know me will stick around if I get angry or hurt or anything like that.

Anyway...that was a random tangent when I should be writing a paper rather than reading blogs and writing my own. :-) By the way, that blog is *amazing*. I've really enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home