Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WHY?

How can God let such horrible evil exist in the world?? I don't understand it. How can he stand by and see a man watch his wife be raped and cut to pieces? How can he not do something about it?? I don't understand it. It seems like he just doesn't care--he's supposed to be our father, how can he sit by and watch all of this going on?

I know firsthand how fallen fathers are and how uncaring they can be. I don't want to think that God, my Daddy, is anything like my earthly father. I (and God has) have worked so hard to convince myself otherwise. He's healed me from so much and I've felt and seen his love in the world around me, but how can he let stuff like this that has happened for so long and continued to happen keep going on??

I know that God is so much bigger than us and that there's no way I could understand what he's doing. And yet, I am still arrogant enough to demand an explanation.

Why, God, why do you let this happen?

But I have to trust that he sees and knows what is going on and that in the end, he will make everything right. I mean, if I don't believe that, how can I have any sort of hope left? I'm not saying that is the only reason I believe that...I'm just saying that's the most compelling reason right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home